This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic sales person to fulfil the role of Sales Assistant and join Grandstand Media Limited (GML) as part of the Commercial Sales team for Horse of the Year Show and the British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show, two of the most prestigious equestrian events in the UK.
Grandstand Media Limited is a team of specialists with many years’ experience planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 60,000 visitors in October at the NEC. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show was added to the company profile in 2015.
Commercial Sales Manager
This is a great opportunity for a Sales Manager to join Grandstand Media Limited (GML) to head up the sales team for Horse of the Year Show and the British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show, two of the most prestigious equestrian events in the UK.
This role will suit a proactive person who can bring their strong people skills and organisational expertise to the team. The primary focus of this role is to professionally handle enquiries and bookings to convert to confirmed bookings and to upsell to existing clients to deliver these prestigious events. The ideal candidate will need to be a focused individual with a drive to exceed targets and expectations.
This is a full time position located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally during an event the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC Birmingham for 10 days in October and at NAEC Stoneleigh for 8 days in August each year. This person will report directly into the Commercial Sales Manager.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professional handling of all enquiries and bookings to convert to confirmed business with an emphasis on upselling to clients.
- Organise and implement pro-active activity including cold-calling, mail-outs and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain the CRM system and database for the purpose of sales reports and financial reporting.
- Assist with the raising of contracts, working with agencies and chasing payments for all commercial elements for both shows including hospitality, accommodation, sponsorship, champions bar, season tickets and other ticket packages.
- Liaise with sponsors on a day-to-day basis regarding contractual fulfilment, sponsorship activation and financial issues.
- Working with the team to ensure all client benefits are fulfilled as contracted/communicated.
- Work to deadlines and targets as set by line manager and Commercial Sales Manager.
- Research new sales leads for all revenue streams for the events.
- Assist with a variety of situations/issues at the show, answering and dealing with queries as and when required.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to prioritise work, proven organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with a demonstrated aptitude to develop and maintain relationships.
- Positive attitude and professional presentation with well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Preferably demonstrated experience in a sales position or in a customer focused role.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as the ability to use own initiative.
- Strong multi-tasking and decision-making ability with the capability of working calmly under pressure.
- Interest in keeping up to date with current issues in the events/equestrian industry.
- Proficient use of MS office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 27th March 2018.
This role will suit a proactive sales person who can bring their unique skills and experience, to drive sales and progress a performing sales team. The primary focus of this role is to develop partnership opportunities and drive continual sales growth for the commercial elements including sponsorship, various hospitality streams, retail and accommodation. The ideal candidate will need to achieve and exceed sales revenue targets and performance objectives.
Grandstand Media is a team of specialists with many years’ experience planning, organising and running equine events. Most notably Horse of the Year Show (Birmingham, CSI 3*) which GML has organised since 1997 the event now welcomes over 60,000 visitors in October at the NEC. The British Showjumping National Championships and Stoneleigh Horse Show was added to the company profile in 2015.
This is a full time position located at the GML offices at Stoneleigh Park. Additionally during an event the applicant will be required, along with the company’s other personnel (at the expense of the company) to be based at the host venue of the event. This currently involves staying at the NEC Birmingham for up to ten days in October and at NAEC Stoneleigh in August each year.
This person will report directly into the Event Director. This is a role with a high level of responsibility and would suit a proactive sales person that has excellent management experience.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Event Director and internal teams to develop and deliver the sales strategy, activation plans and initiatives to meet objectives for the events that we deliver.
- Management of all personnel within the Commercial Sales Team, including their development against the sales plan and targets.
- Delivering against targets for GML through all revenue streams including but not limited to; Sponsorship, Trade stands, Hospitality and Ticket Packages, Champions Bar, Licensing, Merchandise, Accommodation.
- Self-source new business clients/opportunities from prospect through to sale to maximise revenue.
- New business proposals/presentations and attending new business meetings, with a focus on creating new partnerships for the events.
- Ensure sales administration activities (reports, meetings, plans) are completed in effective and timely manner.
- Ensure accurate use of CRM system across the Sales Team.
- Provide weekly forecasts on new business opportunities and demonstrate strong pipeline management skills.
- Support the marketing team to evaluate customer research, market conditions and data to produce effective and engaging sales and marketing plans for the events.
- Be knowledgeable about the business sector, customers, competitors and products to sell the events and the products/services to new and existing customers effectively.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven sales record of achievement of targets in an event related sector.
- At least three years sales experience ideally working in an events industry including new business and retention sales experience.
- Preferably experience of effective marketing campaigns.
- Sales and results driven – a good work ethic, positive ‘can do attitude’, hunger for new business and a desire to succeed.
- Proven capability to manage and lead a team in a high performing and fast paced environment.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills – excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Relationship building skills that helps build trust and rapport with new, existing and lapsed customers.
- Interest in keeping up to date with current issues within the business sector and the event industry as a whole.
- Proficient in the use of CRM systems and MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
To apply for this position please send your CV to Personnel@grandstand.co.uk by Friday 2nd March 2018.