Venue Event Assistant – Maternity Cover (6 Months)
NAEC Stoneleigh is an award winning venue, specialising in exhibitions, outdoor events and conferences. We are seeking a Venue Event Assistant on a temporary, 6 month, contract to provide administrative and operational support to the Venue Event Team, including managing a range of event projects.
Marketing Manager –
Fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join Grandstand Stoneleigh Events (GSE) to head up the marketing for the NAEC (National Agricultural Exhibition Centre) Stoneleigh, one of the most versatile exhibition and conference venues in the UK.
- Provide administrative support to all operational departments
- Support the Venue Events team with event delivery where required, this may include liaising with event partners, assisting in the delivery of event features or seminar programmes etc.
- Work as part of the team to develop and maintain good working relationships with customers to include dealing effectively with telephone enquires
- Create and produce client signage as required
- Provide support to all Operational Departments during the build-up of the events, on event days and during the breakdown of events, liaising with customers face to face.
- Ensure procedures and processes are in place to plan, develop and deliver the safe and efficient operation of events including public safety and control. Ensure safe and efficient operations of events including public safety and control, maintaining fire exists and gangways clear of obstruction.
- Follow processes and procedures in place and be responsible for ensuring that the Health & Safety requirements (including risk assessments) are completed prior to events, etc.
- This role involves working on a rota basis, 40 hours per week, across 7 days, and includes early starts and evening working.
- Experience of working within an administrative role and operating within a busy event team and sales focused environment
- Ability to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g. associates, customers
- Demonstrate excellent communication and planning skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently when necessary and calmly under pressure
- Good inter personal skills, team player with the ability to work with other internal teams
- IT skills including use of Microsoft office packages, databases etc.
We are offering a competitive salary plus 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata). To apply, please email your CV to NeilJ@stoneleighevents.com
Closing date: Tuesday 19th December 2017
This is a critical new role to ensure the introduction and successful execution of NAEC Stoneleigh’s marketing strategies, communications and activities. The ideal candidate must demonstrate both traditional and digital marketing experience, possessing outstanding organisational and communications skills, impeccable attention to detail; and passion and enthusiasm for events.
The primary role will be the management and implementation of the marketing plan (including sales promotion campaigns), budget, communication and strategy for NAEC Stoneleigh – with over 21,000 metres of indoor exhibition space and 800 acres of outdoor space as well as a conference centre and equestrian facilities, NAEC is one of the most versatile event venues in the UK. In addition, you’ll also work on helping market our other divisions Zinc Management (a specialist corporate event business), and Stoneleigh Park Lodge a 58-bedroom 4-star guest house located within the grounds of NAEC Stoneleigh.
This is a full time position located at GSE’s offices at Stoneleigh Park however the role will require domestic travel and will involve some overnight stays away from home.The person will report directly into the Managing Director. This is a role with a high level of responsibility and would suit a self sufficient, technical marketer.
- Working with Managing Director and internal teams to develop and deliver the marketing strategy, plans and initiatives to meet strategic objectives and KPI’s for the venue and services we offer.
- Ability to create, manage and deliver engaging and powerful marketing campaigns within budget and monitoring and reporting on ROI.
- Report on the performance of various marketing campaigns, including digital channel analytics (eshots, social and web).
- Advice and guidance in all aspects of traditional, digital and online marketing to increase quality enquiries, brand and product awareness and penetration.
- Custodian of our brand guidelines, website and marketing plans.
- Support the sales and operational teams to evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to produce effective and engaging marketing plans.
- Developing an annual marketing budget and delivering effective marketing and sales promotion content and activity on time and within budget.
- Management of event participation at various industry events and award functions.
- Internal communication across all business divisions and external suppliers / partners.
- Sourcing, building and managing databases to maximise sales promotion activities, ensuring all data is compliant with data protection regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate capture and maintenance of data.
- Management of external suppliers including Website.
- Management of visitor promotion campaign for NAEC Stoneleigh’s own events (Winter Fair)
- Work with the various teams to create effective sales collateral, presentations, proposals and lead generation campaigns.
- Copywriting for promotional material, website and press releases.
- At least 3 years marketing experience working in an event venue or MICE organisation.
- A strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- CIM or similar marketing qualification
- A strategic thinker and team player
- Creativity and initiative in a marketing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong written, copywriting and oral communication skills, including presentations and report writing
- A team player
- The ability to support Managing Director to further develop business opportunities and to launch new initiatives and special projects
- Experience of data management and data protection legislation, particularly GDPR.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies
- A proven track record creating, managing and delivering complex marketing campaigns in a venue or event supplier role
- Experienced in MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in database software and email service providers as well as marketing automation experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 12th January 2018.